Laurel Springs School’s technology support representatives have expansive knowledge of computer technology and our learning management system. In order to better serve our families, our support team members also have remote diagnostic tools that allow them to “see” a student’s computer and help correct problems from afar.
In addition, Laurel Springs provides technical support for students and parents via toll-free phone service and email. During regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday-Friday), calls and emails are routed directly to the technical support staff. After hours and on weekends, requests for help are taken by our after-hours information center and responded to the next business day. There are several ways that students and parents can resolve technical issues:
- Contact the support team by phone.
- Email the support team.
- Access our easy-to-use online help program through the learning management system.
The basic technical requirements are given below:
- PC or Mac, laptops or desktops
- Smart phones and tablets (such as iPads) are not supported
- High speed broadband or cable connection
- For World Languages, sound card and microphone
- For text-based courses, scanner
- Windows 2000 or higher or Mac OS X
- Supported browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Windows Media Player version 10 or higher (www.microsoft.com)
- Apple QuickTime
- Adobe Shockwave Player version 11.0 or higher (www.adobe.com)