MS Digital Art and Design
By the end of the course, students will be able to
- Define digital art and design
- Distinguish between digital art and design and other art forms
- Identify the traits of digital artists
- Explore careers in digital art and design
- Compare and contrast the early history of photography to modern day digital photography
- Identify and apply the elements of art and principles of design in photography
- Understand and use photographic composition
- Explain the process of editing photography and describe the tools used to do it
- Describe 2D digital art and understand its uses
- Compare and contrast digital 2D and 3D art
- Understand and apply specific elements used in 2D digital design
- Recognize the limitations of 2D digital art
- Define graphic design and its commercial uses
- Recognize the tools used to create graphic art
- Describe pop art and its influential artists
- Identify street art and understand its purpose in society
- Describe the different types of animation
- Understand how digital animation is an art form based on technology
- Explain the basic principles of 2D and 3D animation
- Develop a basic understanding of intellectual property rights
- Identify how digital music and sounds fit into the larger picture of digital art and design
- Examine the roles of musicians and sound producers in digital design
- Discover how music has evolved over time and how it is relevant to our lives today
- Understand the role of technology in the production and sharing of music
- Analyze the form and content of art
- Identify qualities of great art
- Apply the principles of design when critiquing art
- Use methods of critique to analyze your art
- Understand suitable audience behavior when viewing art
- Describe the components of color
- Create mixed and multimedia art
- Articulate the intent of personal work
- Put together a portfolio
- LMS Access
- Standard laptop or desktop computers with Windows or Mac OS
- High-speed internet connection (Cable, DSL)
- Unit 1: 21st Century Art
- Unit 2: Say Cheese!
- Unit 3: The Evolution of 2-Dimensional Art
- Unit 4: Graphic Design
- Unit 5: Magic in Motion: Animation
- Unit 6: Sound and Music
- Unit 7: How to Look at and Evaluate Art
- Unit 8: Mixing Up Art
Laurel Springs meets the highest standard of academic excellence. We are fully Accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC) and Cognia. We offer a broad catalog of courses approved by the NCAA Division I & II and the University of California A-G.
How do online courses work?Students have 24/7 access to complete our online courses anywhere with a reliable internet connection. In the virtual classroom, students can see upcoming assignments, readings, and due dates. They can easily view instructions, submit files, and get regular instructor feedback, staying ahead by tracking learning progress and grades.
What do students need to be successful in online courses?To prepare for each course and learn effectively online, students will need to leverage technology, required course materials, and a can-do attitude, with support from our Laurel Springs Admissions Team. It helps to have a family strategy for scheduling time to study and a backup plan in case something comes up. Students must also have access to a computer with a reliable internet connection. For some tasks, students may use a mobile device.
My child needs a course that's not available for purchase online. How can I access the full catalog?
We're working hard to add our entire course portfolio for online purchase, but for now we're limited. We have a robust Program of Study (Course Catalog) ready for purchase through our dedicated Admissions Team. We encourage you to call 866-708-0871 to choose your course and finalize your tuition payment. View Course Catalog
How will I be charged for single courses?After paying your non-refundable application fee, you will have seven days to review your order with an Admissions Coordinator before being charged the remaining balance for course tuition.
How diverse is Laurel Springs and your curriculum?
Laurel Springs is a top-tier online private school with a stellar reputation for providing quality education. We pride ourselves on our 30+ year history of educating Olympic athletes, accelerated learners, performing artists, and everyone in between.
We offer 230+ college-prep courses, 65 world language courses, 58 honors and AP courses, 168 NCAA-approved courses and 292 UC a-g-approved courses.