MS Chinese 2 A
By the end of the course, students will be able to
- Master common vocabulary terms and phrases, including personal contexts such as greetings, family, school, health and fitness, and hobbies
- Comprehend grammar patterns, including question words, basic syntax, comparisons, directional words, and the past tense
- Analyze and compare cultural practices, products, and perspectives of China through such topics as food, money, family life, and literature
- Participate in simple conversations and respond appropriately to basic conversational prompts
- Generate language incorporating basic vocabulary and grammar patterns
- Read, write, speak, and listen for meaning in basic Chinese
- Regularly assess progress in proficiency through quizzes, tests, and speaking/writing submissions
Prerequisite: The successful completion of Middle School Chinese 1
- LMS access, speakers and microphone
- Chinese-English dictionary recommended
- Standard laptop or desktop computers with Windows or Mac OS
- High-speed internet
- Unit 19: Transportation
- Unit 20: Sports
- Unit 21: At a restaurant
- Unit 22: Shopping, Money
- Midterm and Review
- Unit 23: At Home
- Unit 24: Adjectives and Adverbs
- Unit 25: Weather
- Unit 26: Travel
- Unit 27: Final Review and Test
Laurel Springs meets the highest standard of academic excellence. We are fully Accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC) and Cognia. We offer a broad catalog of courses approved by the NCAA Division I & II and the University of California A-G.
Single Course FAQs
How do online courses work?Students have 24/7 access to complete our online courses anywhere with a reliable internet connection. In the virtual classroom, students can see upcoming assignments, readings, and due dates. They can easily view instructions, submit files, and get regular instructor feedback, staying ahead by tracking learning progress and grades.
What do students need to be successful in online courses?To prepare for each course and learn effectively online, students will need to leverage technology, required course materials, and a can-do attitude, with support from our Laurel Springs Admissions Team. It helps to have a family strategy for scheduling time to study and a backup plan in case something comes up. Students must also have access to a computer with a reliable internet connection. For some tasks, students may use a mobile device.
My child needs a course that's not available for purchase online. How can I access the full catalog?
We're working hard to add our entire course portfolio for online purchase, but for now we're limited. We have a robust Program of Study (Course Catalog) ready for purchase through our dedicated Admissions Team. We encourage you to call 866-708-0871 to choose your course and finalize your tuition payment. View Course Catalog
How will I be charged for single courses?After paying your non-refundable application fee, you will have seven days to review your order with an Admissions Coordinator before being charged the remaining balance for course tuition.
How diverse is Laurel Springs and your curriculum?
Laurel Springs is a top-tier online private school with a stellar reputation for providing quality education. We pride ourselves on our 30+ year history of educating Olympic athletes, accelerated learners, performing artists, and everyone in between.
We offer 230+ college-prep courses, 65 world language courses, 58 honors and AP courses, 168 NCAA-approved courses and 292 UC a-g-approved courses.