MS Spanish 1 A
By the end of the course, students will be able to
- Master common vocabulary terms and phrases, including personal contexts such as greetings, family, school, and hobbies
- Comprehend a wide range of grammar patterns, including the conjugation of regular verbs in the present tense, asking questions, and making comparisons
- Analyze and compare cultural practices, products, and perspectives of Spain, Mexico and other areas of Latin America
- Participate in simple conversations and respond appropriately to basic conversational prompts
- Generate language incorporating basic vocabulary and grammar patterns
- Read, write, speak, and listen for meaning in basic Spanish
- Regularly assess progress in proficiency through quizzes, tests, and speaking/writing submissions
- LMS access, speaker and microphone
- A Latin-English dictionary is recommended
- Standard laptop or desktop computers with Windows or Mac OS Bullet
- High-speed internet connection (Cable, DSL)
- Unit 1: Greetings
- Unit 2: School
- Unit 3: Descriptions
- Unit 4: Countries and Nationalities, Numbers 0–30
- Midterm Review and Test
- Unit 5: Telling time, Adverbs of Frequency
- Unit 6: Common -AR verbs Coordinating, Conjunctions, Prepositions
- Unit 7: Common -IR verbs, Common -ER verbs
- Unit 8: Days, Months, and Seasons, Numbers 30–100
- Unit 9: Final Review and Test
- Unit 10: Hobbies and Pastimes
- Unit 11: Food (part 1)
- Unit 12: Food (part 2)
- Unit 13: Family
- Midterm Review and Test
- Unit 14: The City
- Unit 15: Animals
- Unit 16: Shopping
- Unit 17: Weather, Expressions
- Unit 18: Final Review and Test
Laurel Springs meets the highest standard of academic excellence. We are fully Accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC) and Cognia. We offer a broad catalog of courses approved by the NCAA Division I & II and the University of California A-G.
Single Course FAQs
How do online courses work?Students have 24/7 access to complete our online courses anywhere with a reliable internet connection. In the virtual classroom, students can see upcoming assignments, readings, and due dates. They can easily view instructions, submit files, and get regular instructor feedback, staying ahead by tracking learning progress and grades.
What do students need to be successful in online courses?To prepare for each course and learn effectively online, students will need to leverage technology, required course materials, and a can-do attitude, with support from our Laurel Springs Admissions Team. It helps to have a family strategy for scheduling time to study and a backup plan in case something comes up. Students must also have access to a computer with a reliable internet connection. For some tasks, students may use a mobile device.
My child needs a course that's not available for purchase online. How can I access the full catalog?
We're working hard to add our entire course portfolio for online purchase, but for now we're limited. We have a robust Program of Study (Course Catalog) ready for purchase through our dedicated Admissions Team. We encourage you to call 866-708-0871 to choose your course and finalize your tuition payment. View Course Catalog
How will I be charged for single courses?After paying your non-refundable application fee, you will have seven days to review your order with an Admissions Coordinator before being charged the remaining balance for course tuition.
How diverse is Laurel Springs and your curriculum?
Laurel Springs is a top-tier online private school with a stellar reputation for providing quality education. We pride ourselves on our 30+ year history of educating Olympic athletes, accelerated learners, performing artists, and everyone in between.
We offer 230+ college-prep courses, 65 world language courses, 58 honors and AP courses, 168 NCAA-approved courses and 292 UC a-g-approved courses.