Honoring Each Child’s Individual Style of Learning
Laurel Springs School is a fully accredited, private online school for students in kindergarten through 12th grade. We offer challenging academic programs that honor each child’s individual learning style and educational needs. Students of our virtual school can benefit from many aspects of an online education, including our comprehensive curriculum that can work with a flexible schedule. The in-depth coursework is designed to help students develop a thorough understanding of topics within each course. Our focus on mastery of the material makes Laurel Springs School an exceptional learning environment for online elementary, middle, and upper school courses.
Our Mission & Beliefs at Laurel Springs School
At our accredited online school, we invest in providing an education that encourages a student’s growth in academics and overall personal development. To enforce the quality of your child’s academic experience, our faculty, staff, and curriculum adhere to the principles of our mission and beliefs as a private educational institution.
Our Mission: Engaging global learners in an education that values them as individuals, integrates their passions and pursuits into academic and career pathways, and fosters inquiry, growth, mastery, purpose, and independence.
Our Beliefs: Each student has special interests, goals, talents, and a unique learning style. Students benefit most from an educational process that values them as individuals, provides a flexible approach to learning, and enables them to pursue their dreams.
Learn More About Laurel Springs School
Laurel Springs wants every parent and student to consider online education for upper, middle, and elementary courses after gaining an in-depth knowledge of our private school. When considering an online education, it’s essential to understand the key factors that set us apart from other learning institutions. After reviewing this information, you should have a more well-rounded comprehension of our virtual school and what we offer.
- Accreditation. As an accredited online school, we meet the highest standards of academic excellence. We fulfill all the steps of accreditation, including self-study, goal-setting, and evaluation, to ensure that schools and universities worldwide reciprocate our students’ courses, credits, and grade-level placements. It also validates that our teachers and curriculum meet state and U.S. standards.
- Why Laurel Springs? Our accreditation is one reason to consider Laurel Springs School for your child’s Students engage in a quality college preparatory curriculum that prepares them for the challenges of colleges and universities, as well as their future careers. Our teaching staff works closely with every student to ensure they have a complete understanding of the material provided in each course. The ability to maintain a flexible schedule allows students to study at their own pace based on their skills and knowledge, while providing them the opportunity to participate in outside interests.
- Why Online School? Attending an online school allows students to personalize their educational experience by selecting a pathway that reflects their interests. Students also have opportunities to engage with their instructors and peers, keeping them interested in the coursework—which improves engagement, understanding, and performance. With flexible learning at an accredited online school, they learn on their schedule. Students can complete the curriculum at a speed with which they’re comfortable and pursue other interests such as sports, music, and art.
- Leadership Team. The leadership at Laurel Springs School guides our academic programs and curriculum with a sharp focus on the learning experience for students. We build upon a solid academic foundation of quality curriculum and counseling, support from teachers, special programs, and other opportunities to provide an outstanding education and rich experience for students.
- Blog. Our blog showcases the accomplishments of current and past students, as well as highlights programs and stories that students and parents find valuable. We keep our blog up to date with useful information that benefits current families, as well as those who have not yet enrolled.
- Who We Serve. Laurel Springs School is a private school that has provided a premier education experience to families for decades. Our body of active and previous students includes athletes, college-bound students, performers, accelerated learners, international students, and gifted students. Those with talent in the performing arts, sports, and academics enjoy the flexible schedule and challenging curriculum that adapts to their learning style. Students may complete their coursework remotely, while our teaching staff provides regular support and discussion with every student to ensure they achieve their highest potential. When brick-and-mortar schools are unable to support your educational needs, our online private school gives you a personalized approach that’s conducive to real-world learning.
- Student and Parent Reviews. Students and parents have given our school high scores for our academically challenging programs, flexible schedules, student-centered approach to learning, and more. Our gratitude goes out to all families connected to Laurel Springs for their honesty in reviewing our curriculum, supportive teaching staff, and overall experience with our programs.
Academic Growth with an Adaptable Schedule
Our school is primarily designed for the college preparatory student who wishes to grow and excel academically and personally, while maintaining a flexible schedule. Our personalized approach is competency-based and asynchronous, meaning students can move faster or slower through the material, depending on their individual skills and knowledge. This approach allows students the ability to adapt their schedules to accommodate their other interests, such as music, dance, visual arts, or athletics.
With college preparatory academics, including Advanced Placement (AP) and Honors courses, as well as The Academy, Laurel Springs has an outstanding record of placing its graduates into the selective colleges and universities of their choice—within the U.S. and throughout the world. Our global reach with alumni and universities expands a student’s opportunities for continued education and professional networks.
Contact Laurel Springs School for more information.
Nearly Three Decades of Online Education
In 2016, we marked the 25th anniversary of Laurel Springs School, which was founded in 1991 by Marilyn Mosley Gordanier and a dedicated group of educators. Since its inception, Laurel Springs has been focused on honoring each child’s unique style of learning, supporting students to achieve their academic goals, and fostering their personal interests and talents. In 1994, Laurel Springs was named one of the first schools in the United States to successfully develop an online curriculum.
Commitment to Non-Discrimination at Our Online School
Laurel Springs School does not discriminate in employment or the provision of educational services on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. View our Disability Non-Discrimination Policy.