In an online environment, learning is a collaborative experience using 21st century communication tools and technology. In order to take full advantage of this technology, we have outlined the basic technical requirements each student must meet.
Basic Technical Requirements:
- PC or Mac: Standard laptops or desktops are supported.
- Smart phones and tablets (including iPads) are not supported at this time
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X (10.7 or higher)
- We can offer provisional support for Chromebooks and the ChromeOS, although the ChromeOS may not be compatible with all course content. Some course content may include Flash or Java, which are technologies not supported by Chrome.
- High-speed Internet connection (Cable, DSL)
- Satellite Internet service and cellular wi-fi “hotspots” may be subject to speed and reliability issues and result in unsatisfactory performance.
- Browsers: Up-to-date versions of Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Edge are supported. We recommend the latest version of Firefox.
- World Language courses require speakers and a microphone, or a headset with microphone.
- Text-based courses require a printer and scanner.
- We recommend (and courses may require) the latest versions of:
Laurel Springs School’s technical support representatives have expansive knowledge of computer technology and our Learning Management System. Our support team also has remote diagnostic tools, allowing them to “see” a student’s computer and help diagnose issues from a distance.
In addition, Laurel Springs provides technical support for students and parents via toll-free phone service and email. Technical support staff are available by phone during regular business hours (9 am to 7 pm Eastern Time, Monday-Friday). After hours and on weekends, you may leave a message and a technical support representative will respond to you the next business day.
There are several ways that students and parents can resolve technical issues:
- Contact the support team by phone: (800) 377-5890 (extension 6050)
- Contact the support team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our knowledgeable staff is there to assist students and families with technology-related questions and concerns as they work through their courses. Laurel Springs School is constantly looking for ways to incorporate the latest technology available to enhance our students’ learning experience.