Collaboration Through Tools and Technology
In an online environment, learning is a collaborative experience using 21st century communication tools and technology. In order to take full advantage of this technology, we have outlined the basic technical requirements each student must meet.
Basic Technical Requirements:
- PC or Mac: Standard laptops or desktops are supported
- Smart phones and tablets (including iPads) are not supported
- Operating System: Windows XP or later; Mac OS X
- High speed Internet connection (Cable, DSL)
- “Tethered” wi-fi hotspots (cellular) or satellite Internet may be unsatisfactory
- Supported browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome
- World Language courses require speakers and a microphone
- Text-based courses require a printer and scanner
- We recommend (and courses may require) the latest versions of:
*It is not necessary to purchase a program if you don’t already have it; free alternatives such as OpenOffice can be used.
Laurel Springs School’s technical support representatives have expansive knowledge of computer technology and our Learning Management System. Our support team also has remote diagnostic tools, allowing them to “see” a student’s computer and help diagnose issues from a distance.
In addition, Laurel Springs provides technical support for students and parents via toll-free phone service and email. During regular business hours (9 am to 8 pm Eastern Time, Monday-Friday), calls and emails are routed directly to the technical support staff. After hours and on weekends, requests for help are taken by our after-hours information center and responded to the next business day.
There are several ways that students and parents can resolve technical issues:
- Contact the support team by phone: (800) 377-5890
- Contact the support team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our knowledgeable staff is there to assist students and families with technology-related questions and concerns as they work through their courses. Laurel Springs School is constantly looking for ways to incorporate the latest technology available to enhance our students’ learning experience.