32 Laurel Springs School Student-Athletes Accepted to the Upcoming USTA Billie Jean King Girls’ 16s & 18s National Championships
Student-athletes from the leading online, private mastery-based school to play in the national tennis tournament scheduled for August 6-14, 2022 at Barnes Tennis Center
OJAI, Calif. – (July 29, 2022) – Thirty-two Laurel Springs School student-athletes have been accepted to compete in the United States Tennis Association Billie Jean King Girls’ 16s and 18s National Championships, on Saturday, August 6 through Sunday, August 14, 2022, at Barnes Tennis Center in San Diego, CA. Laurel Springs is an accredited, online K–12, considered the preferred online school for professional-caliber student-athletes seeking flexibility as they dedicate time to training.
Leading the pack for Laurel Springs is 15-year-old Aspen Schuman of Redwood City, Calif. Entered in the Girls’ 16s singles draw, Schuman is ranked No. 5 in the national rankings.
Other Laurel Springs students who were accepted to the tournament include:
- Addison Bowman (Naples, FL)
- Amara Brahmbhatt (Westlake, OH)
- Bianca Brown (Folsom, CA)
- Summer Chandler (Jamaica, NY)
- Isabella Chhiv (Irvine, CA)
- Sofia Daryaie (Los Gatos, CA)
- Tatum Evans (McLean, VA)
- Rebecca Fiedler (Merchantville, NJ)
- Marina Fuduric (Lima, OH)
- Isabella Hartung (Davidson, NC)
- Caroline Horton (Santa Barbara, CA)
- Imani Jean (College Park, MD)
- Polina Jorniak (Arcadia, CA)
- Kallyhan Kadzinski (Delray Beach, FL)
- Ava Krug (Lakewood Ranch, FL)
- Polina Krumkachev (Bradenton, FL)
- Georgia Kulevich (Marblehead, MA)
- Maia Loureiro (Orland Park, IL)
- Margaret Manolache (Knoxville, TN)
- Olivia Manson (Boca Raton, FL)
- Christasha McNeil (Lindenhurst, NY)
- Anya Murthy (Fremont, CA)
- Ania Noguera (Winnetka, CA)
- Lauren Oliver (Lewisville, NC)
- Theadora Rabman (Port Washington, NY)
- Saanvi Raniga (Cerritos, CA)
- Brooke Lynn Schafer (Cumming, GA)
- Avlyn Smith (Plymouth, MI)
- Natalie Stasny (Woodridge, IL)
- Kotryna Tomas (Downers Grove, IL)
- Saray Yli-Piipari (Braselton, GA)
In 1991, Laurel Springs founder Marilyn Mosley Gordanier had a vision for an educational option allowing students to receive high-quality education while providing the opportunity to pursue outside passions, goals, and careers. Since then, Laurel Springs shifted the paradigm of education from educating en masse, to a self-paced, mastery-based approach prioritizing for the needs of individual students.
Laurel Springs is now the leading, online, self-paced, mastery-based school, supporting thousands of young professional athletes, performing artists, families seeking flexible education options, and students who want to challenge themselves academically to reach their full potential.
Laurel Springs is the online school of choice for some of the top high school athletes, as 40 percent of graduates go on to be Division I or II athletes, with 47 percent of these athletes being tennis players, training at their academy of choice.
Professional tennis players Taylor Fritz, Jenson Brooksby and Amanda Anisimova are recent Laurel Springs graduates, while reigning NCAA Division I women’s champions Peyton Stearns is also an alumni. 2022 Wimbledon Girls’ Junior champion Liv Hovde also attends Laurel Springs School while training.
Laurel Springs, a sponsor of the Billie Jean King Girls’ National Championship Tournament, partners with the world’s most respected top tennis institutions, including IMG Academy and the Junior Tennis Champions Center among others, to provide a proven educational solution that supports their student-athletes passion for tennis while achieving academic excellence.
One of the top junior tennis tournaments in the U.S., more than 400 of the top female junior tennis players in the country, aged 16 and 18 and under, will compete for the title of National Champion at the United States Tennis Association Billie Jean King Girls’ 16s and 18s National Championships. In addition, the following wild cards to the 2022 US Open will be awarded to the tournament’s top finishers:
- 18s Champion – US Open Main Draw and US Open Junior Main Draw
- 18s Finalist – US Open Qualifying and US Open Junior Main Draw
- 18s 3rd Place – US Open Junior Main Draw
- 16s Champion – US Open Junior Main Draw
- 18s 4th & 5th Place – US Open Junior Qualifying
The full list of participants and the events they are competing in can be found here.
About Laurel Springs School
Laurel Springs School is an accredited, online private school offering a challenging K–12 curriculum and postgraduate academic program. Our mission is to engage global learners in an education that values them as individuals, integrates their passions and pursuits into academic and career pathways, and fosters inquiry, growth, mastery, purpose, and independence. The school is designed for the college preparatory student who desires a personalized education to help them grow and excel academically and personally. We offer a flexible schedule that can support the early pursuit of careers in professional athletics, the entertainment industry, or wherever the student’s passions take them. Laurel Springs School offers more than 30 clubs, activities and extracurricular programs. With 100 percent of faculty members holding at least a master’s degree, students are offered more than 230 college preparatory courses taught by experts in their field, and score higher than the national average on the SAT and ACT. For 30 years, Laurel Springs School has an outstanding record of placing graduates into selective colleges and universities of their choice. In 2021, 76 percent of graduates were offered admission to U.S. News and World Reports Top 50 Colleges and earned more than $17 million in merit scholarships. Learn more at laurelsprings.com.
Share on social media