All the Tools You Need to Succeed
In an online environment, learning is a collaborative experience using 21st century communication tools and technology. In order to take full advantage of this technology, we have outlined the basic technical requirements each student must meet.
See the remote learning technology requirements for Laurel Springs School to ensure a successful, collaborative experience:
- Standard laptop or desktop computers with Windows or Mac OS are supported.
- Chromebooks, Tablets, iPads, Smartphones, and other mobile devices are not supported.
- Up-to-date versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Edge browsers are supported. Firefox is the recommended browser.
- High-speed internet connection (Cable, DSL)
- Satellite internet service and cellular wifi hotspots may be subject to speed and reliability issues and could result in unsatisfactory performance.
- World Language courses require speakers and a microphone, or a headset with microphone.
- Text-based courses require a printer and scanner.
- Webcam or camera-enabled smartphone is recommended for the option of having a video conference with faculty or staff.
Need Tech Support? We’re Here to Help
Laurel Springs School’s technical support representatives have expansive knowledge of computer technology and our Learning Management System. Our support team also has remote diagnostic tools, allowing them to “see” a student’s computer and help diagnose issues from a distance.
In addition, Laurel Springs provides technical support for students and parents via toll-free phone service and email. Technical support staff are available by phone during regular business hours (9am to 7pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday-Friday). After hours and on weekends, you may leave a message and a technical support representative will respond to you the next business day.
There are several ways that students and parents can resolve technical issues:
- Contact the support team by phone: (800) 377-5890 (extension 6050)
- Contact the support team by email: email@example.com
Our knowledgeable staff is there to assist students and families with technology-related questions and concerns as they work through their courses. Laurel Springs School is constantly looking for ways to incorporate the latest technology available to enhance our students’ learning experience.
Please contact us for more details about technology requirements.