Online Middle School French (MS French 1 B)
This fun, interactive online French course for middle school students is filled with diverse, multimedia language activities. The prerequisite for this course is Middle School French (1 A).
Students begin their introduction to French by focusing on the four key areas of foreign language study: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The course represents an ideal blend of language learning pedagogy and online learning.
Each unit consists of a new vocabulary theme and grammar concept, reading and listening comprehension activities, speaking and writing activities, multimedia cultural presentations, and interactive activities and practices which reinforce vocabulary and grammar. This middle school French course has a strong emphasis on providing context and conversational examples for the language concepts presented in each unit.
Students should expect to be actively engaged in their own language learning, become familiar with common vocabulary terms and phrases, comprehend a wide range of grammar patterns, participate in simple conversations and respond appropriately to basic conversational prompts, analyze and compare cultural practices, products, and perspectives of various French-speaking countries, and take frequent assessments where their language progression can be monitored.
This online French course for middle school students has been carefully aligned to national standards as set forth by ACTFL (the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages).
By the end of the course, students will be able to
- Master common vocabulary terms and phrases, including personal contexts such as greetings, family, school, and hobbies
- Comprehend a wide range of grammar patterns, including the conjugation of regular verbs in the present tense, asking questions, and making comparisons
- Analyze and compare cultural practices, products, and perspectives of regions including Metropolitan France and Québec, Canada
- Participate in simple conversations and respond appropriately to basic conversational prompts
- Generate language incorporating basic vocabulary and grammar patterns
- Read, write, speak, and listen for meaning in basic French
- Regularly assess progress in proficiency through quizzes, tests, and speaking/writing submissions
Laurel Springs meets the highest standard of academic excellence. We are fully Accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC) and Cognia. We offer a broad catalog of courses approved by the NCAA Division I & II and the University of California A-G.
Our accredited Upper School is an exceptional online academic program preparing students for college and beyond.
Who can apply?We accept high school students in grades 9-12.
When can students enroll?Rolling admission allows most students to enroll at any time.
How much does it cost?Laurel Springs Upper School tuition is $9,900 for a full year.
What time are classes?Students have access to the classroom 24/7, giving them the freedom to complete coursework at their pace.