A Personalized Course of Study
Upper School students can create a course of study personalized for their interests and goals. To earn a College Prep academic diploma, students must complete a minimum of 23.5 credits. Students earn one credit for each 36-week (one-year) course and a half credit for each 18-week (semester) course.
School of Record Status
Laurel Springs serves as the School of Record for students who are enrolled full-time. As a private school with the mission of ensuring students graduate from high school and enter the college of their choice, it is highly recommended students enroll in 6 or 7 credits each year to stay on track for graduation. Laurel Springs’ students work closely with our school counselors in order to ensure that graduation requirements are met.
Laurel Springs is committed to supporting students in their personal and academic endeavors, with a focus on helping them meet their college and career potential.
The course requirements shown below provide a foundation from which students may begin planning their upper school course selection. College admissions policies and academic requirements vary widely. Given this, our school counselors help tailor the course list to match a student’s specific goals and interests. Students interested in moderately selective colleges might follow a track similar to one below, while students interested in highly selective colleges might follow a track similar to two below.
|Track 1||Track 2|
|*Includes one, one-year lab||*Includes two, one-year labs|
- Math must include, at a minimum, Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 or higher-level math.
- World language must be two years of the same language.
- Grade-level specific high school seminars (.5 credits) are required for each year of enrollment.
- Personal Project Portfolios are available to earn elective credit.
- Elective credit may include additional core courses taken beyond the minimum requirements.